Monday 24 February 2014

Sabotage - Calgar's Journal

+++++Taken from Marneus Augustus Calgar's Journal+++++

It is the eve following the most recent large scale battle with the Greenskin. I had arrived to admonish the marines for their failure on the outskirts of the hive city in the previous battle.

I was surprised at how quickly the assault came. The power plant was between the defensive line and the woodland that the Orks came pouring out of.

The power generator, which we moved to a defensible position, hidden in an old graveyard well within the perimeter, was stormed by meganobz in a pair of trucks.

My battle brothers were caught flat-footed. Telion opened up with the quad gun, but was overwhelmed and rendered unconscious by marauding Orks with flamers. We managed to secure him and he is recovering. I'm glad. The perminant loss of Telion would have been tragic. I'm sure his insight into the battle will prove useful.
 

The 4 Tactical squads unloaded their holy bolters, but succumbed to ravening Ork charges. The generator was captured and destroyed even as thirty Ork boyz crashed through the windows of the power plant. With the power generator down, the Orks were free to blow the place up-and they did just that! They did not care for their own losses. At least 30 Ork Boys were within the building as it blew.

Air support arrived, but it was eventually gunned down using the quad gun that the Orks had stolen from Telion. For all we know of the Orks, they often prove resourceful.

It was at this time I allowed the righteous anger of the Emperor to control me. The Primary mission we had failed. I knew I had to rip the heart out of this monster. I lead my tactical squad into battle against a group of meganobz. We ripped them apart ripped apart.

Through the smog of the burning plant, with deffcopters whirring overhead, I spotted this infamous warlord Bluddietooth. He thought the battle was done and was heading away from the fight. Rage consumed me; I boarded the land raider and gave chase, catching the enemy warlord in the ancient ruins of a cathedral. We fought at the top of the failing structure and fought there.
I showed this Xenos a lesson in righteous fury. I connected my left Gauntlet with his jaw, sending him down 3 stories off the Catheral. Whilst I wanted to secure the body, I couldn't leave my battle brothers in the centre alone.
Our scouts have still not secured the body, which has caused me much concern.  Rumour has it that his Ork has extensive Cybernetic implants and there were skuffed footprints. I can only assume he has survived somehow. I must be wary battling this monster.

After the challenge, I turned my attention to rescuing a beleaguered razorback and we managed to halt the tide of Greenskin.

The Orks had been fought off, but the cost in life and resources had been great. With the power and shield generator down, acquiring replacement Heavy support will be difficult. I will have to plan accordingly. I was impressed with the Land Raider - it fought with the same determination that Brother Rexus had shown in the first battle.

Unfortunately Brother Rexus died in the first encounter, but I am glad we have Honoured him last battle. His spirit remains interred with this Land Raider shall be my personal transport for this campaign. We shall make them pay heavily, Brother Rexus.

This war is bigger in scale than the first war. I now know the war for black reach will be a bloody and terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment